An Experienced Crane Injury Lawyer Can Help You Seek Compensation
Work accidents can be extremely serious, especially when they involve large, specialized equipment such as a crane. An incident caused by a crane can lead to catastrophic injury or death. Attorneys Matthew M. Golitko and John P. Daly, Jr., can act swiftly to preserve evidence, determine whether equipment was faulty, and discover if the injury or death is a result of negligence.
If you or a loved one has been injured by a crane while working at a construction site, Golitko & Daly can help you receive compensation through a crane injury lawsuit. The expert attorneys at our Kokomo and Indianapolis, IN, offices specialize in construction accident cases and can get you the help you need.
Factors That Can Lead to a Crane Injury
Cranes are used at construction sites for various reasons. Due to the inherent danger in crane use, strict adherence to safety protocols, as well as worker training, is essential. When there is a failure in protocol, injuries and even death can occur. The most common ways for crane injuries to happen involve:
- Contact with power lines: When any metal part of a crane makes contact with a power line, the whole machine can become electrified. Crane operators, workers in contact with the crane, and sometimes even those nearby can be electrocuted as a result.
- Overturns: When a crane is operating on unstable ground, if the crane operator lifts a load beyond the crane’s capacity, or if the load swings too fast or too far, the crane can tip over.
- Falls: If safety harnesses are not worn or if they malfunction, a worker falling from a crane can suffer severe injury or death.
- Mechanical failures: If a crane has a manufacturing or other defect, the machine can fail and injuries can occur, despite workers taking all necessary precautions.
- Boom collapse: The crane’s boom can collapse if it is overloaded or rigged improperly.
- Insufficient inspection: If inspection protocols are not followed, a worn, broken, or defective part can be missed and may lead to crane failure.
Workplace crane injuries can have many causes and different parties may be held liable for resulting injuries. The individual or company that is responsible for the safety of the construction site can be held accountable for any injuries that occur on the site. Responsible parties can include the site owner, the general contractor, and any subcontractors. If the crane operator, or another worker, acted negligently and caused the crane injury, they can be held personally liable. Considerations also include whether or not there was a safety breach, how the safety breach occurred, and who caused the safety breach.
There are many standards that set forth design requirements for commercial cranes, and if these standards are not followed, injuries can occur. Cranes that are poorly designed or prone to malfunctioning may cause injuries. If the crane malfunctioned due to a manufacturing or design defect, a product liability case can hold responsible parties accountable.
The experienced attorneys at Golitko & Daly can help you establish your case to let you focus on recovery. We will work tirelessly to help you gain the full compensation you deserve.
Your Deserved Compensation
Workers who are injured by a crane while at work may be entitled to compensation from different parties and individuals. It is important to seek experienced legal help to gain full restitution. The experienced attorneys at Golitko & Daly can help you establish your case to let you focus on recovery. We will work tirelessly to help you gain the full compensation you deserve.
If your injury was caused by negligence on the part of an owner, contractor, subcontractor, or fellow worker, the you can often can file a workers’ compensation claim. If a defectively manufactured or designed crane was involved, a product liability lawsuit may be filed against the manufacturer, distributor, or seller of the crane. Workers who have a disability that is likely to last for over 12 months may also be entitled to social security disability benefits. We will help you to understand all your legal options, and will fight for your rights to compensation.
Seek Legal Counsel Today
Our attorneys are highly experienced in handling workplace injury cases. If you or a loved one has been injured by a crane at your workplace, contact our office today to schedule a consultation.