Our Experienced, Dedicated Birth Injury Attorneys Can Help You Seek Compensation for Your Child’s Care
An injury during childbirth can affect your child’s long-term quality of life, potentially impairing their mental and physical capabilities. Birth injuries also significantly increase the cost of caring for your child throughout their lifetime. Our birth injury attorneys at Golitko & Daly in Indianapolis, IN, have successfully won compensation for clients in an array of medical malpractice cases in which a child has been injured during childbirth. We understand that this is an extremely emotional time for you and your family, and we will thoroughly investigate your case to determine whether a medical facility or staff member is at fault and should be held accountable for your hardships.
If your child suffered serious injuries during childbirth, contact our law firm today to discuss your case in detail with our experienced legal team. We can provide a free consultation to review your case and help you understand your rights.
Types and Causes of Birth Injuries
Birth injuries are frequently caused by a doctor or nurse who uses improper techniques or uses medical devices and equipment incorrectly. Injuries can also result due to a doctor’s failure to recognize or misdiagnosis of serious conditions in the mother, such as hypertension. Other injuries can be the result of a doctor’s hesitation or failure to act. Types of birth injuries may include:
- Brachial Plexus Injury: Also known as Erb's palsy, this physical injury can result in a limp arm, an inability to grip, partial or full paralysis, and a loss of function in the affected arm. Erb’s Palsy may be caused by the use of forceps or vacuum, or by pulling the baby out by its shoulders or legs.
- Cerebral Palsy: Cerebral Palsy is typically caused by oxygen deprivation, or trauma caused by being dropped or the use of forceps or vacuum, and can cause lack of muscle control, abnormal reflexes, limited coordination, and difficulty communicating
- Brain Injuries: A brain injury may be caused by oxygen deprivation, physical trauma, infant jaundice, maternal infections, and medications prescribed to the mother during pregnancy.
Effects of Birth Injuries
A birth injury can affect your child and your family far beyond birth. Your child may suffer from physical and mental disabilities, which can result in delayed development, the need for special education classes, specialized therapy, and so on. Your child will likely require additional medical care initially and throughout their life, causing significant financial strain.
Our experienced attorneys can fight for you and your child to help you seek restitution for the pain and suffering negligence has caused your family.
Work with an Experienced Birth Injury Attorney
At Golitko & Daly, our attorneys understand that this is a stressful and frightening time for you and your family. Our highly successful legal team can provide you with the representation you need to seek compensation for all that you and your child have suffered. We can actively seek restitution for struggles such as:
- Current and future medical expenses for your child
- Pain and suffering for you and your child
- Reduced quality of life for your child
- Lost wages if the injury requires one or both parents to take a leave from work that extends beyond standard family leave
Discover Your Legal Options
Our experienced attorneys can help you seek restitution for the pain and suffering negligence has caused your family. Contact our law firm today to schedule your free consultation with our skilled legal team.