If you or a loved one has been injured while working on a construction site, you may be entitled to compensation that can help you recover from injury and other losses. The best way to protect your interests is to secure the help of a law firm with proven expertise in workers compensation and personal injury law. The Indiana Workers' Compensation Act limits the amount of compensation an injured worker can collect from an employer, but with the assistance of our attorneys, injured workers can collect other benefits for losses such as:
- Permanent disability
- Lost wages
- Disputed medical treatment
- The cost of prescription medication
We have secured maximum compensation for workers injured in many different types of construction accidents. To learn how we can help you, contact our Indianapolis, IN, law firm and schedule a free consultation.
Construction Accident Cases
Construction accident cases are complex because they can involve multiple parties. The experienced attorneys at Golitko & Daly have successfully taken on insurance companies, contractors, subcontractors, and management companies as part of lawsuits involving on-the-job injuries. You can depend on our attorneys to provide the thorough representation necessary to collect the compensation to which you and your family are entitled.
Common Types of Construction Accidents
Injuries occur relatively frequently on construction sites because of the inherent danger involved in working with heavy machinery, working at great heights, and other factors. Common construction site accidents include:
- Fall Accidents - There are many different types of fall accidents, including falling from heights (from a roof, ladder, or scaffolding) and slip and fall accidents.
- Heavy Machinery Accidents - Construction sites are full of heavy machinery that can be dangerous, even when workers follow all safety protocols. Lift buckets, forklifts, bulldozers, and cranes are all commonly involved in accidents resulting in injuries. When a machinery accident occurs on a construction site, the results can be devastating.
- Vehicle Accidents - Vehicles are commonly involved in construction site injuries. Hazardous conditions, obstructed roadways, and the negligence of other employees can all contribute to serious auto accidents on construction sites.
- Collapse Accidents - Buildings can collapse during construction, resulting in extensive damage and devastating injuries. Trench collapses are among the most serious types of construction accidents. There are many rules and regulations designed to ensure the safety of all workers performing their job duties in these situations. When failure to meet these regulations results in injury, our attorneys can create a compelling case on your behalf to help you secure the compensation you need.
- Falling Debris - Numerous mistakes can lead to dangerous conditions on construction sites that result in falling debris. When falling objects such as tools and construction materials strike the body, they can cause severe lacerations, broken bones, head trauma, and death.
- Defective Machinery - Equipment that is improperly maintained can cause significant injury to machinery workers and others in the area, including severe lacerations or burns.
Contact Our Office
If you or a loved one has been injured on the job, the attorneys at Golitko & Daly are here to help. To learn more about your legal rights, please contact our office and arrange a free consultation with a member of our team. It can be incredibly difficult and costly to recover from a construction site injury. We can help you collect the compensation you need and deserve in order to rebuild your life in the wake of injury.