If you were injured at work due to the negligence of your employer, you may have to opportunity to pursue a work injury case. With this kind of case, you can receive damages from your employer, in addition to a workers' compensation payment. At Golitko & Daly, we specialize in helping clients who were injured on the job. Our work injury lawyers, based in Kokomo and Indianapolis, IN, focus their energies on specific fields of law so that they can provide our clients with unparalleled representation. If you were injured at work and need help collecting the compensation you deserve, contact our firm online or call one of our convenient locations today.
One Firm Handling All Types of Work Injury Cases
When an injury occurs at work, there are a variety of ways to collect compensation. For example, an electrician, mason, or ironworker who falls at a job site may have a third-party liability claim, also known as a personal injury case, against the contractor who assembled the scaffolding. In addition, that same ironworker may have a workers' compensation claim against an employer. If a worker is unable to return to work, he or she may also have a disability claim.
We are prepared to help with the pursuit of all these cases within one law firm. Golitko & Daly focuses on all of these areas to provide the best representation to the client. We can help with the following types of cases:
- Construction accidents
- Spinal cord injuries
- Injuries that cause disfigurement and scarring
- Traumatic brain injuries
- On-the-job wrongful death
- OSHA and IOSHA violations
Defective Product Cases
Clients with workers' compensation claims may also have a lawsuit against an equipment manufacturer (unsafe or defective equipment) or a sub-contractor (or the general contractor) may be liable for a workplace injury. These are often referred to as product liability claims. We have experience dealing with faulty lift buckets, defective switches, and failures in guarding.
Did Your Employer Fire You After an Injury on the Job?
Indiana law protects injured workers. In addition to representing injured workers to recover payment for medical bills and wage replacement, we represent employees in employment law matters related to injuries. Workers are sometimes subjected to wrongful discharge as a result of an on-the-job injury. We can assert workers' rights in "Frampton action" cases.
If you’ve been injured in a work accident, we urge you to concentrate on getting as well as you can and to focus on your recovery — and to leave the legal matters in our hands.
The Golitko & Daly Difference:
What Sets Us Apart
- One of our attorneys is also a nurse who handles all Social Security disability claims. She also reviews medical components of personal injury and workers' comp claims, as well as construction injury claims.
- Our workers' compensation lawyer, Mr. Matthew Golitko, receives many referrals from other law firms that choose not to handle this aspect of law. Mr. Golitko is also the Chairman of the Indiana Trial Lawyer Association – Workers Compensation Section.
- Mr. John Daly is certified in several areas by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- We prepare every case as if for trial, even though most cases settle out of court. Mr. Daly has had multiple verdicts – one as high as $10.2 million.
Sustained a Work Injury?
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
If you’ve been injured in a work accident, we urge you to concentrate on getting as well as you can and to focus on your recovery — and to leave the legal matters in our hands. Contact our offices online to receive your free case evaluation. You can also call one of our convenient locations to discuss your claim with a work injury lawyer at Golitko & Daly.